[ncsc-moths] First moth of the year--January 6

  • From: Bob Perkins <perkybear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:46:31 -0500

After two days of frigid weather with a half-inch of snow, yesterday the high
was the mid-forties, and today temperatures reached the mid-fifties. I put out
bait and set up my moth sheet and light and had one moth come to the sheet:
Hypena scabra, the dependable Green Cloverworm Moth. It refused to quit
fluttering, making photography difficult, but I managed to get one decent
frame. Enjoy!

Bob

image/jpg

Bob Perkins