[ncolug] Re: libc6 during the install

  • From: "Michael K." <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:43:45 -0500

Um... 1.5GB or so. No, haven't run it lately, but I believe it is good. This is a running server which I'm just reloading.

I'm going through a Debian 40r1 net install now. I did notice at boot that the Debian installer sees it as a ATAPI 24x CD-Rom.

Mike K.

Rob Gibson wrote:
How much memory is installed?  Have you recently run memtest on the
server to ensure that memory is good?

Rob

On Dec 15, 2007 3:43 PM, Michael K. <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I'm installing Ubuntu 7.10 (or attempting to) on a Dell PowerEdge
2500 server and am running into an issue.  When I attempt to install,
get to where it is loading the base on which it runs the partitioner.
It gets to 21% and loading libc6-udeb and there's where it hangs.

It tells me it's having issues reading from the CD-Rom and bombs.

Now, I've tested the CDs, and they are good.  Both the md5 of the .iso
and the cd's own check process shows they are good.

Google shows others having the same issue, but no solution.  Any
guesses?  I realize I can go with another distro, but it's a little like
talking a Chevy guy into a Ford... I'll listen, but I like my truck.
(Yes, I realize Debian would still be a GM... ;o)

I have installed 6.06 LTSP and am in the process of manually upgrading.
This will work, but I'd like to just do a clean install of 7.10.

Mike K.

Subject field.

Subject field.

Subject field.