[ncolug] Re: free

  • From: "Larry D" <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:40:59 -0500

Not hypothetical. Ubuntu is the obvious winner in the FOSS desktop arena,
today, now. If they started charging for the next version tomorrow, how
much would you pay to keep using it?

If your answer is, "I'd switch to BSD" (not a bad choice, incidentally!)
or "I'd stick with the old version..." then your answer to my question is:
$0.

--
"Life is too short, to spend it waiting for slow hardware to do
something..."  -Dev

On Thu, January 14, 2010 8:25 am, M. Knisely wrote:
> To set the stage right, you're saying that no other FOSS distributions
> (Linux or BSD, or ?) exist, right?
>
> Mike K.
>
> On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 08:13 -0500, Larry D wrote:
>> If you had to pay money for Ubuntu on your desktop, how much would you
>> be
>> willing to spend?

> the Subject field.

Subject field.