[ncolug] and the grub problem

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 12:04:37 -0400

Debian rocks! And it's as fast as BSD.

I now see what the grub problem was too - after Debian is up, it mounts a USB drive that I happened to have plugged in as sda. So that makes the first array sdb, etc.

But to grub, early in the boot process, the first array is sda.

Still having trouble getting it to mount the swap, and smb filesystems on the network, but I can get though that. Also need to install the smp kernel. But it looks like Debian is here to stay.

--
If fifty million people say a foolish thing,
it is still a foolish thing.

                             Anatole France (1844-1924)