[ncolug] Re: Two laptops needed temporarily

  • From: "Chuck Stickelman" <CStickelman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:29:00 -0400

I actually have three old laptops.
*       One I just picked up from David, but it has no power cord so I can't
recharge the battery, and I haven't gone to Radio Shack yet.
*       Another is about to loose it's LCD screen; it's being held on w/
duct tape.
*       The last one has it's hard drive removed, and I can't seem to locate
the system to reunite the two.

I'd lone any of them out for a short bit if they were in any shape to be
used as laptops.  My goal is to turn them into embedded systems; a Linux
Router, or hardware KVM/Console, or maybe even a Snort node. Either way,
they are all in disrepair, but they are old!

Chuck