[ncolug] SSDs have a 'bleak' future, researchers say

  • From: Kory Pounds <kory.pounds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NCOLUG <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:49:54 -0500

I would really like everyone's opinion on this one. I say this because
I am really looking forward to using SSD drives when the price finally
comes down to affordability for me. The speeds of SSD's are great.
However I already knew that after a long time (maybe 10,000 writes)
some degradation will start anyhow. We find there some degradation in
everything after a long time. In this article we find that as NAND
densities increase, there tends to be more read/write latencies and
data errors. Is the future of SSD's really that cloudy? Please take a
read here and let everyone know what you think:

https://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9224322/SSDs_have_a_bleak_future_researchers_say

Thanks everyone!

Kory Pounds

--
www.oncedead.com

It is not what you do that determines who you are, it is who you are
that determines what you do.

Subject field.