[ncolug] Re: ReactOS VMware

  • From: nor thern <zboson2003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

"M. Knisely" <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Well, my laptop is up and running
with VMware.... WOW, that's an easy
install.

I tossed in the pre-built copy of react OS and it is awful.  I'm going
to download the ISO and do a real install to see if it is any better.

The "get firefox" that was included installs, but the browser is not
functional after completion.

You need to reboot after making simple changes like IP addressing and
desktop settings.  What is this Win98?

http://www.mrknisely.is-a-geek.org/inmemoriam/browse.php?mid=737  Kind
of says it all.

Mike K.

tried the Reactos live-cd right after Rob mentioned it.
 locked up tight during boot on newer notebook.
 worked on the old 800 Mhz machine that i brought in a while ago.
 the system properties tab in the control panel shows the GPL. lol.
 was able to crash it by clicking on folders too fast.
 it is alpha software so any improvements sent to its developers
 would be taken seriously.
 did not try its exe installer yet. this feature is the one that needs to work
flawlessly.