[ncolug] Re: Meetings???

  • From: Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:51:22 -0400

I do apologize for my lack of presence.  For those of you who have not
been aware, I am back in school.  Last quarter, I was able to arrange
my schedule to be at the meetings during the quarter.  This time, I
was not so lucky.  I was unable to attend the March or April meetings.
 I will be unable to attend until the June or July meeting, and I have
no idea what fall quarter holds in store for me.

If I found a new local job that was more flexible (perhaps something
on campus, I can only hope), I would not have this problem, but I am
in a tight spot right now.  I won't speak for Chuck entirely, but I
suspect that the lack of teaching in the summertime will allow him to
be more active, as well.

We still have the mailing list, and we can still use the room at our
normal time.  We will just need to have more and different folks
presenting and discussing at the months when Chuck, Mike, or myself
cannot be there.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Rob Gibson

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM, M. Knisely <charon79m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can no longer make the meetings given my new home.  That, however, does
> not mean I can't be there remotely.  I'd love to open an NCOLUG branch here
> in Fremont.  (Isn't that ironic, Stick?)
>
> Can I suggest this as the next topic of the meeting?  I'm able to use Skype,
> Adobe Connect, etc. for the fist connection.  It's be better, I think, to
> use an open solution going forward though.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Mike K.
>
> On Apr 22, 2011 11:10 AM, "John Butler" <jbutlerjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject field.