[ncolug] Re: Give aways

  • From: hbkeultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:04:04 -0400

Chuck:

Can you get to 1325 North Main Street today or tomorrow and pick up a whole bunch of stuff your students have never seen either?

I believe that among those is a 12 inch platter and a read head. Have you yourself ever seen one of those? That platter was 5mb so you can show them an 1-1/2 inch 50GB or something like that for comparison.

Henry

Chuck Stickelman wrote:
I want the Token Ring hardware!!!  My students have never *seen* token
ring.  I'd love to be able to *show* them how a token-passing protocol
works.  I think I can be down in Butler on Saturday AM...

Chuck

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 06:51 -0400, Jim Willeke wrote:
We will be at the shop (next to our home) on Saturday, from 8-noon.

6571 Butler North-Liberty RD
Butler, OH 44822-9751

The CISCO routers are older, as I recall there are two Token-Ring and
at least one two-port ethernet router.
These were used for router and protocol analysis certifications and
explorations that we did sometime back.

-jim
Jim Willeke

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Ken Allen <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Interested in the Cisco router and 5000 with blades. On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Jim Willeke
        <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
                We have accumulated a large pile of computer and
                electronic equipment that we no longer have any use
for. Some computers and laptops in various working and non-working conditions. Some older CISCO routers and a CISCO 5000 chassis with
                several blades. (These were pulled from a working
environment a while back). We were just going to take them to the electronic
                recyclers, but I thought if anyone on this list was
interested you could come and take it way. If interested, let me know and I will setup some time(s) on a weekend that we will be around the shop. Free, but do not call me for help with any of it or if
                it does not work.
-jim
                Jim Willeke

Subject field.