[ncolug] Debian Linux gains carrier grade status

  • From: Henry Keultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NCOLUG <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 08:21:24 -0400

Good news for you MT guys. Seems that HP is behind this.

HP unveils Carrier Grade Debian

Henry Keultjes wrote:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2157587/debian-linux-gains-carrier

The questions was raised about Debian's OSDL status. Here is a very positive answer.

That brings me back to the Ubuntu situation. I have always liked Chuck's well placed passion for Debian yet I don't quite understand the gripe with Ubuntu not pushing code upstream.

Is not the sole requirement of the GPL to publish the code?

If the code that Ubuntu produces is worthwhile, is there any reason that Debian developers cannot just go and get it or is it a question of false pride on the part of the Debian developers?

Since Chuck was part of that original Debian "club" he should be qualified to answer that but I would also like for him to go back to his old comrades and ask that question - are they griping about a non-issue?

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA