[ncolug] Re: DOS 6.0 or higher disks needed

  • From: Henry Keultjes <hbkeultjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NCOLUG <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 12:10:42 -0400

Chuck Stickelman wrote:

Or you could just take the HD out of the 486 and put it into the Pentium...

That's worth a try but I don't think it will work because Pick will believe it is running on 486

The media has to be diskette. Pick of that era doesn't understand anything alse and the key is that it rewrites the whole disc surface and . . . DOS is what I have used before so I am familiar with it.

When I have time to experiment I will try the Linux partitioning tool.

Henry

Subject field.