[nasional_list] [ppiindia] Islam Is Our Priority, Not Arabism, Says Abdullah

  • From: "Ambon" <sea@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 06:41:20 +0100

** Forum Nasional Indonesia PPI India Mailing List **
** Untuk bergabung dg Milis Nasional kunjungi:
** Beasiswa dalam negeri dan luar negeri S1 S2 S3 dan post-doctoral
scholarship, kunjungi
http://informasi-beasiswa.blogspot.com
**http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=77012&d=29&m=1&y=2006

Sunday, 29, January, 2006 (29, Dhul Hijjah, 1426)

      Islam Is Our Priority, Not Arabism, Says Abdullah
      Arab News

      NEW DELHI/HONG KONG, 29 January 2006 - Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques
King Abdullah urged Arabs yesterday to unite under the banner of Islam.

      "Islam must be given priority over Arabism as it united the Arabs . . .
when they were divided," the Saudi Press Agency quoted the king as saying.

      King Abdullah made this comment while receiving Arab ambassadors and
heads of Arab missions in New Delhi on Friday before leaving for Hong Kong at
the conclusion of his historic visit to India.

      "I am happy to learn that our people in the Arab world believe in this
principle," the king said and hoped that Arabs would unite, giving priority to
their common interests like the European countries.

      "There are no wars or enmity or problems between Arab countries but some
evil forces are working to divide them," King Abdullah told the ambassadors.

      "Unity will strengthen the Ummah and help restore its glory," the Saudi
leader said and hoped that the unity of Arabs would not take long.

      "We have seen other countries forging unity, despite their differences.
On the other hand, we Arabs are one in terms of our religion and faith. So we
need not be disappointed," he added.

      "We have to work together to establish truth and justice and unify the
Arab ranks," he added.

      Abdullah spoke high about his four-day visit to India, which saw the
signing of 15 bilateral agreements including a landmark anti-terror pact and a
joint declaration on strategic energy partnership.

      King Abdullah arrived in Hong Kong yesterday, accompanied by a high-level
delegation including Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal and Chief of
General Intelligence Prince Muqrin as well as senior Cabinet members such as
Labor Minister Ghazi Al-Gosaibi, Oil Minister Ali Al-Naimi and Finance Minister
Ibrahim Al-Assaf.

      Assaf said Abdullah's visit, the first by a Saudi king to India in 50
years, showed his desire to promote the longstanding relations between the two
countries.

      Speaking at the Institute of Economic Development in Delhi University,
Assaf said the interdependence of Saudi Arabia, being the world's largest oil
exporter, and India, whose energy requirements are growing steadily, gave
greater scope for strengthening bilateral cooperation.

Mohon Perhatian:

3. Reading only, http://dear.to/ppi
4. Satu email perhari: ppiindia-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5. No-email/web only: ppiindia-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx