[nanomsg] Re: release of nanomsg-0.6-beta

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 06:37:47 +0200

Great work!

Martin

On 2015-07-22 21:34, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

All,

I’ve released (for real this time!) nanomsg-0.6-beta. This release
has quite a few improvements since 0.5, and various fixes, so I highly
recommend updating to it. Notably, the web sockets support was
integrated post-0.5, and there is a wire protocol change for surveyor
that makes it possible for a respondent to peer with multiple
surveyors. (And, btw, also makes it possible to create devices that
behave properly with surveyor.)

As of 0.6, the download page has gotten some changes. Notably, I’m
using github releases for actually releasing content, which gives an
HTTPS secure download, which should increase confidence in the
content. I’m still providing MD5 and SHA1 on the download page. The
legacy versions are still served from the download.nanomsg.org
<http://download.nanomsg.org/> site, but new versions starting with
0.6 are no longer posted there. Feel free to go ahead and download
from the github releases page going forward though.

Also, the build includes continuous integration and deployment
provided by Travis CI and AppVeyor. Again, this should increase
overall confidence in the project and hopefully minimize the
likelihood of regressions.

The legacy waterfall testing is still present, but as it is provided
entirely by volunteer resources, I felt it better to rely on services
offered by a commercial concern that focuses on CI as a core delivery
product. This also lets me get the automated deployment integrated,
which is a huge benefit.

Hopefully releases of future versions will have fewer hiccups and we
can resume a more timely release train.

- Garrett