[nanomsg] Re: is there a nanomsg socket type unaffected by nat/firewall?

  • From: Achille Roussel <achille.roussel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:55:21 -0700

There should be no issue once the TCP connection is established. If one side
can reach the other by establishing a TCP connection then they’ll use this pipe
for bi-directional communication and firewalls shouldn’t get in the way… have
you tried reversing the side that connects and the side that binds ? Your
firewall may be configured to let connections go out but not let them get in…
there are no enforcement of which side of the PULL/PUSH is doing the bind or
connect (this is a nice feature of nanomsg), maybe that could solve your issue.