[nanomsg] inproc cost /mulithreaded cost

  • From: Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis <xekoukou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:03:00 +0200

What is the  inproc communication cost as related to a multiplication or an
if statement?

I have been thinking of using a flow-based functional programming paradigm.
Independent paths of computation could then be easily found.
One could use a meta-prgramming tool like imatix/gsl to automatically split
the execution of independent paths to multiple threads.

Since independent paths could be a simple multiplication and I want to use
nanomsg for inpoc communication, I want that the minimum computation unit
to be 100 times the cost of inproc so as that the inproc overhead be
negligible.