[nanomsg] Re: end-to-end security

  • From: Laurent Alebarde <l.alebarde@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:02:39 +0100

Le 11/03/2014 23:56, Garrett D'Amore a écrit :
That said, the use of DJB’s algorithms (crypto) concerns me a little bit, mostly because I’ve not heard of them, so I’m not sure how comprehensive the review and cryptanalysis of them has been. That said, DJB can hardly be considered one of your usual snake-oil salesmen. The other thing is that use of his crypto automatically precludes use in applications that involve federal funding —only NIST-approved algorithms are permitted by FIPS (specifically 140-2). So I’d prefer not to see the crypto algorithms “hard-coded”. (This goes for all of them — asymmetric, symmetric, and hash.)
I found a review here:
http://codesinchaos.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/curvecp-1/