[nanomsg] Re: bus pattern?

  • From: Paul Colomiets <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:27:27 +0300

Hi Andre,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM, André Jonsson <nanomsg@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I thought it would be elegant to just create a bus that clients can send to
> and receive
> messages from at their leisure, without knowing who else is on the bus

So how do you think they will find each other? Multicast? I just don't
see how it's possible. And nn_device or any device-like code would
solve your use case well.

> And using nn_device() is not an option as it is (currently) too difficult to
> stop.

What's exactly too difficult?

Anyway you can just look at how nn_device is implemented and write you
own similar one, with a signalling interface. It may take an hour or
so.

--
Paul