[nanomsg] Re: Use nanomsg sockets with select() on Windows?

  • From: "Gonzalo Diethelm" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "gonzalo.diethelm" for DMARC)
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:29:10 +0100

On 10/11/15 13:23, Michael wrote:

I would avoid named pipes unless you had a really good abstraction layer as
that starts to get really proprietary M$. I could be wrong there, I am not as
familiar with competing platform named pipes, for instance.
Named pipes are usually proposed in Windows to implement single-host inter-process communication, a la Unix domain sockets, in a more efficient way than using loopback.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this would really make any difference nowadays.

Cheers,

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@xxxxxxxxxxx