[nanomsg] Use nanomsg sockets with select() on Windows?

  • From: "Garrett D'Amore" <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 12:00:37 -0800

I’m curious to know who is using nanomsg sockets on Windows platforms in a
context that requires interoperability with select()?

Right now that code is particularly troublesome and buggy, and I’d really
really like to replace it with some simpler code, that worked with other
Windows asynchronous event notification. (Note that select() only “works”
with WSA sockets, which is a big part of our problem. Life would be a lot
better if I could use named pipes for notifications instead of fabricating
TCP/IP sockets.)

I don’t have any immediate plans around this — I’m just trying to get a
sense for whether such a change in direction is even viable.

- Garrett