[nanomsg] Re: The name service for nanomsg

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 09:07:20 +0200

Hi Alex, Paul,

Mm, good point. The core of it, as I said above, is that these decisions seem
like they are best made at *topology* deployment time rather than
*participant* deployment, or even more dynamically than that.

Participant deployment = topology change, AFAIU. E.g. if one of the
nodes failed you may need to turn nn_connect socket to nn_bind.

This is an interesting disucssion and is directly related to different admin roles that Alex referred to in the original email.

So what roles do we have? My feeling was that there's a programmer who writes a distributed application without committing to any particular topology setup and, at each client site, there's an app admin (or deployer, if you will) that maps abstract topologies defined by the programmer to actual network topology on the site. And that's it.

So, am I missing something? Is there anyone else involved? What's "participant deployment"? Etc.