[nanomsg] Re: RFC links

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 11:18:00 +0200

On 13/08/13 09:44, jimmy frasche wrote:

Finally I added another library
https://github.com/JImmyFrasche/etsn/tree/master/etsnunix that
provides a convenient method for registering protocols with etsnsrv(1)
with an interface somewhat like a pared down version of etsn.

Like I said, I just made sure it compiled so it probably doesn't work
right, if at all—and I know there are a few places where it does
outright obviously the wrong thing—but should serve as a sketch, till
I knock the bugs off it and get a better idea of where to tidy it up.

Perhaps the protocol, or lack of one, is too simplistic, but no reason
not to try the simplest possible solution first.

I was wondering whether this IPC "protocol" between the multiplexer and the service is worth standardising.

If so, it would be easy to add any kind of multiplexer to the system (ETSN, TCPMUX, WebSockets etc.)

The downside, I guess, is that IPC "protocol" would be OS-specific at least to some extent.