[nanomsg] Re: Problem building on HP-UX

  • From: André Jonsson <andre.jonsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:13:03 +0200

On 2013-09-16 15:54, nanomsg@xxxxxx wrote:
On 2013-09-16 15:42, Martin Sustrik wrote:
On 16/09/13 15:35, nanomsg@xxxxxx wrote:

I added the define to the DEFS variable directly in the Makefile.

Does is show on the command line for usock.c? You can print out all
the coomand lines via make -n (at least on Linux).

Martin

Oh, didn't know that :)  I had added an "echo" in the compile target.
But yes, it does.

Hmm... I was a bit off. The problem is actually that the iov_base member of the iovec strcut is defined as a "void *", and += operator on that is of course invalid.

iovec is defined as:

struct iovec {
#ifdef _KERNEL
        caddr_t         iov_base;
#else
        void            *iov_base;
#endif
        size_t          iov_len;
};

Defining _KERNEL (which not quite feels like the right thing to do) results in many errors in other places that previously compiled ok.

*sigh*

I can see that on my own (linux) machine that iov_base is a void *, how does that work? I mean, is the code in usock_posix.inc not used then?

/André