[nanomsg] Re: Problem building on HP-UX

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 09:27:00 +0200

On 17/09/13 10:02, André Jonsson wrote:
Sure, attached is a patch for the usock problem.
But hm, this was against the 0.1 release, should I do it against the trunk?

No. No need. I've already applied the patch to the master. Thanks!
Also, I've added you to the AUTHORS file.

Regarding the patching of configure script, there must be something
wrong with the automake (or is it autoconf) on this machine.
The logic for setting NN_HAVE_EVENTFD works, and the logic for
NN_USE_EVENTFD seems ok. But even though it correctly finds that eventfd
doesn't exist on the system, it still sets NN_USE_EVENTFD.

AS_IF([test x"$ac_cv_func_eventfd"=xyes], [
     AC_DEFINE([NN_USE_EVENTFD])], [
     AS_IF([test x"$ac_cv_func_pipe"=xyes], [
         AC_DEFINE([NN_USE_PIPE])], [
         AS_IF([test x"$ac_cv_func_socketpair"=xyes], [
             AC_DEFINE([NN_USE_SOCKETPAIR])], [
             AC_MSG_ERROR([No signaling supported])
         ])
     ])
])

As expected, $ac_cv_func_eventfd has value "no".

No idea what's going on there. I've checked both the configure script and autotools documentation and everything looks OK.

I suggest asking the question at StackOverflow. Would you like to ask it or should I?