[nanomsg] Re: Loadbalancer with async backend

  • From: Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:20:53 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Martin Sustrik wrote:

Yes, you can. In fact nanomsg does that for you. How it works is that
the path back to the original requester is stored in the message, but
it's done under the hood so you don't see this additional data
associated with the message. You simply send and receive messages and
they get to the correct destinations automagically.

Thanks, I'll try it out, it is a bit counter intuitive. I was under the impression that only strings were passed around, not metadata.

Is there already something like a best practise for nnpy to emulate the 'poller' behavior found in ZeroMQ? I don't mind to write in C using the getevents example in poll.c, but it would be nice if there was already some example of doing that in Python.

Stefan