[nanomsg] Re: Loadbalancer with async backend

  • From: Stefan de Konink <stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:51:37 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Martin Sustrik wrote:

I am looking for a way to have a synchronised req/rep to a broker,
and a series workers that could handle requests. The fundamental
problem with this method is that I can't track the request at the
frontend to guarantee that the reply arrives at the right socket.

Why not have a central device to dispatch the request? I.e. each
client has a REQ socket, each worker has a REP socket and there's a
device in the middle everyone connects to.

I think my problem is that I don't know how to do the connection tracking within the dispatcher.

When receiving req_1, sending req_1 to the worker as req_1', receiving the reply of req1', and replying to req1 the operation is synchronous. req_1..n will wait until the req_{n-1} is handled otherwise I cannot guarantee the reply to the right socket... or can I?

Stefan