[nanomsg] Re: How is security going to be implemented in nanomsg?

  • From: Drew Crawford <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:49:08 -0500

> Failing that require something like IPSec and let your VPN and network people
> solve this for you. I guess that is till just hiring security experts in a
> different way...

Disagree. The best VPN can only save you if you can trust everyone on it. (E.g.
The enterprise messaging application).

In every other case you need to be hiring cryptographers to build you an
end-to-end solution, not hiring network people to configure a VPN.

There may be no one-size-fits-all-solution, but that is true across the board.
It's true for end-to-end, it's true for TLS, and it's true for VPNs.