[nanomsg] Re: Device to route/publish to clients?

  • From: "Terry (Gmail)" <tcorlet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:07:27 +0800

Thanks Bent

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Bent Cardan <bent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Terry, Your mix isn't right. Use NN_PULL with NN_PUSH. NN_SUB goes with
NN_PUB. -Bent

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Terry (Gmail) <tcorlet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All

I'm relatively new and have just started experimenting with nanomsg (I
have used ZeroMQ before).

I'm considering a device for routing server messages to a set of
subscribing clients...something like:

int publisher = nn_socket(AF_SP_RAW, NN_PUB);

nn_bind(publisher, "tcp://publisher_address");

int listener = nn_socket(AF_SP_RAW, NN_PULL);

nn_connect(listener, "tcp://server_address");

nn_device(listener, publisher);

I was hoping that this sort of routing would be able to implement a zero
copy mechanism for message distribution to subscribers. But it doesn't
work, so I am obviously doing something wrong or it's not possible to mix
NN_PUB with NN_PULL. Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks,

Terry