[nanomsg] Re: C++11 binding

  • From: Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 16:43:19 +0200

On 08.05.2014 10:18, Martin Sustrik wrote:

Hi Peter,

I wonder if someone has tried to _implement_ nanomsg with
C++11.

You should probably read: http://250bpm.com/blog:4
http://250bpm.com/blog:8

Nothing you could not circumvent within C++.

But a hard requirement for C is the idea to get it into the Linux
kernel, C++ has no chance there.

Still, feel free to make you own C++ implementation if you wish. In
the articles I've just argued that if you want to do system-level
programming (something you can use to power a mission to Mars, or a
device that gets built into a concrete wall) C++ gets into your way
rather than helps. If your reliability requirements are not that
strict, C++ is perfectly OK.

Martin

Thanks for the kind reply.
Maybe I find some time to try a C++ implementation, just to
see how it looks like.

Peter