[nanomsg] Assertion and question

  • From: Gonzalo Diethelm <gonzalo.diethelm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:16:41 -0400

With a fresh pull as of today (of the new main branch that merged the aio2
branch changes), the whole test suite passes on Win32 with Java 7. Great
work!

However, my Java binding perf tests now behave erratically, sometimes
hanging; this is something I must look into. In the meantime, I still have
a problem that I had been unable to reproduce, but now I finally was able
to. When running the (Java-based) {local,remote}_lat test with parameters
"tcp://127.0.0.1:6677 100 1000", I got the following assertion:

Assertion failed: type == NN_EP_STOPPED (..\..\src\core\sock.c:742)

I will open an issue for this.

On a separate track: how close are we to an alpha, beta, RC or final
release? If not very close yet, can I at least suggest to bump the version
to 0.0.1? I could provide a patch if Martin agrees...

Again, great work everyone!

--
Gonzalo Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@xxxxxxxxx