[nama] serialization changes

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:51:50 -1000

Revered and Blessed Namites!

We have a new serialization scheme, that seems to work. It
is now pulled into the master branch.

It will read State files as before, however on saving, will
segregate out some data, to be saved as
PeripheralState.json.

I hesitate to track the file with git, because going back to
an early version could potentially disable uncache track,
and might miss some project-specific effect chains.

A workaround would be to copy PeripheralState.json to
PeripheralState.json-vcs and use git to track the latter.
That would give you an extra choice to recover, without
unnecessarily winding back the clock.

With this in place, the git/undo stuff is ready to move
forward again. In other news, having looked at the mark
code, I feel confident to go further with supporting
multiple time units for marks.

A foundation for MIDI will be recognizing *.mid files
as well as .wav files for tracks.

Nothing really hard about it... just more housekeeping. :-)

cheers,

--
Joel Roth