[nama] Re: remove_track safety, strange behaviours

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:12:36 -0400

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:47:03AM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
>   Your problem of getting a wrong wav-file is strange. Did you go
> through the .wav folder with some audioplayer to check which wav is
> which? Just to make sure you didn't misspell something.
Okay, this was a multiple issue problem, mostly due to my haste, but
also to some of nama's idiosyncracies.

The reason why I wasn't seeing a change is that nama somehow could not
create a valid chainsetup out of my new tracks and kept falling back on
the previous chainsetup, thus confusing me.

My other problem was that the new track was still in record mode even
after importing audio.

Out of my experiences, I would have the following suggestions:

1. remove_track should require an argument to make it mistake-proof.
2. When failing to generate a valid chainsetup, nama should refuse to
   start playback.
3. When importing audio, the appropriate track should probably be
   siwtched to monitor mode, since it seems in the spirit of import_audio.
4. Nama should probably stop engine playback upon quiting.

Cheers,
S.M.