[nama] remove_track safety, strange behaviours

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:16:56 -0400

Hi,

Yesterday, I absent-mindedly removed the wrong track, which led me to
wish for a safer remove_track. One simple idea I had is to require one
to specify the track as an argument to the command, as opposed to simply
operating on the currently selected track.

Secondly, I tried correcting my blunder by adding the track again ind
reimporting the audio, since the wavs aren't deleted when removing a
track, but it somehow adds a completely different wav, and, also, I
somehow end up with several versions of that unwanted wav. I removed
that track again and tried a different name for the track in case nama
was getting confused, but the same problem arose. I can only assume that
something I did at some point fouled up my state.yml file. Sorry to be
so vague, but you know how it is when you're trying to achieve
something, you don't necessarily remember every step you follow. Anyway,
it's meant as a hint: if I have time, I will make a copy of the project
and experiment. Hopefully, I can recover this project without having to
reimport all the audio from scratch.

Cheers,
S.M.