[nama] Re: jack-session

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 01:14:46PM +0200, Philipp ??berbacher wrote:
> > > jack-session would need to be implemented in ecasound. Torben had a look
> > > at it, and it would be possible but not trivial, afair. I'd appreciate
> > > it if you could get Torben to do it :)
>
> [...]From what I remember the
> necessary change to ecasound would get rid of some of ecasounds
> jack limitations as well.

Where is all this discussion taking place?

How widely accepted is jack-session?

Ladish is still being actively developed. How widely
accepted is that? Nedko is clearly brilliant...
Tho I'm not capable of judging the techical
merits of this project, his other work seems
amazing.

Here are his levels. Nama is Level 1 compliant.

level 0 - JACK application is not linked to a session
handling library (liblash, libladish). User has to save
application projects manually or rely on autosave support
from application.

level 1 - JACK application is not linked to a session
handling library (liblash, libladish). Application saves
when '''UNIX signal''' is received.

level 2 - JACK application is linked to liblash. Limited
interaction with session handler because of liblash API
limitations.

level 3 - JACK application is linked to libladish. Full
interaction with session handler. Query room virtual ports.

L0 and L1 are implemented in ladish-0.2. L2 and L3 are
planed to be implemented in ladish-0.5.

--
Joel Roth