[nama] Re: costs and benefits of singletons

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:31:54 +0200 (CEST)

Joel!
If I understand this list correctly, then Object::Tiny seems the best choice in a matter of speed, if you go OO at all.
  Another thing I see with simple renameing from:
runtime_limits to engine_runtme_limits, is again typos or following a slightly wrong convention. With Ojbects of any kind, you at least are sure, that the new variables exist in the right place and there can keep their usual names, meaning, that they're still conform to a convention, which you've followed for ages. doing the switch by scripting would be the best way of course, if it is possible. But that's just my opinion from a big-part user and small part programmer point of view. :-) What do the others think? Considering the arguments for both sides and the numbers, what do you prefer?
  Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html