[nama] Re: Working with nama: A Report

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:18:13 -1000

[manually posting after list approval mechanism fails]

Hello Massy!
   Just addressing one or two of your items. You were talking about displaying
effects and their IDs or a track. The sh command does that. It displays
everything vital about the track, as version, status, play at time, region
length, all available versions and then all effects with their IDs and all
parameters.
   As for effect_chains, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. You can certainly
create them very easily from one track or just a few effects of one track. You
can give it optional effect IDs and it will only use those.
   Yes, it might sometimes be handy to copy an effect from one track to
another, without creating an intermediate effect_chain, but it is manageable.
   About a few of your bugs: My arm in master mode usually works quite as
expected. So usually does the show command. Meaning it doesn't display all the
auxiliary tracks for inserts. It sometimes happened, usually, when the project
was in a bad way to start with. So if Ecasound had a problem.
   I also didn't have big problems with mute/unmutes yet. After a couple of
sono/nosolo commands - not in quick succession, but just a lot of calls to
these - I have to either reload or just re-arm the project. I suppose, that
too will be Ecasound's fault. But it doesn't appear to be your problem.
   Hope that somehow clarifies a bit or may even give help.
   Warm regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;
Frightening Absence Just Arriving, Reigns Disappeared, Ornate - flowers!

======      Find my music at      ======
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
// eompost 4E824918:1861.1:anzn