[nama] Re: Should track caching cache/uncache fades, too?

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:46:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Joel1
Me too, don't cache the fades. You have given a good reason, when you were talking about CPU-usage, another good one is flexibility. A use-case for it is this: apply fades to a vocal track, to not catch the noise in between passages and make good use of a compressor, which also should not try to compress long periods of just quiet noise. Then you apply a delay. With fades first, it's no problem: The original source material is silenced when necessary, the compressor behaves and because the delay sits after the fade, its echos are heard clearly. - If you don't apply the fade in this situation, you will get a cut-echo or you shift the delay and you will get a full echo, but also - very possibly - noise raised to a certain degree - or a cough. :-)
  Warmly yours
          Julien

050e010d0f12010401-0405-0d09-030f12011a0f0d-
Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

********   Find some music at   ********
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 95 and 37 days,
so I can be sure, there's someone at your site, who loves you."
(Not Winnie the Puh)