[nama] Re: Playing with git

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:12:32 -0500

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:26:05AM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:
[...]
>   As to my recording: I can see a need to store a snapshot, whenever
> I add/remove/modify an effect. Though I think, I wouldn't need a
I never record wet myself: what is your workflow? Do you go in doodle
mode, add/tweak effects, then ggo in rec mode? If so, we could add a
stop between doodle and rec where a commit is made. Or we could just
have a commit made before recording with a TAKE-$version with a line
specifying which tracks are being recorded (are REC).

> snapshot for every modifying, usually after the transport stops,
> would be early enough for that. So set a flag, when a parameter is
When you record and the transport stops, doesn't nama automatically
toggle to MON, which would also create a commit? Would a commit just
after toggling to mon or before rerec be sufficient?

[...]
>   I suppose I wouldn't branch of for the different modes, since that
> might lead to problems: If I add an effect in doodle mode and then
> in normal recording mode, I want to go back? Where do I end up?
That would definitely be a problem. I'm not sure how/if this could be
handled with branches and merging...

Cheers,
S.M.