[nama] Re: If we include LV2, why not libosc?

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 22:17:59 -1000

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 02:30:46AM -0400, S. Massy wrote:
> Joel wrote:
> > What if we each LV2 gets access via
> > lv2-<urlsuffix>, seem like a small price
> > to pay in typing, (whether hyphen or underscore).
> How would that look like? I would very much encourage creating some sort
> of shorthand index for LV2 URIs. Internal COPs usually are three letters
> (efh, etd, etc.), while ladspa are typically four digits: I'd like to
> stick to strings of about the same length for LV2, if that were at all
> possible. I know that this means an extra step in the effect indexing
> logic, but I just can't imagine typing "Sine + cosine oscillator", let
> alone "http://plugin.org.uk/swh-plugins/sinCos"; every time I want that
> effect. One solution could be to use the last part of the URI (ccase
> insensitive matched, Please!). Then the display could be something like
> this:
> xx. Sine + cosine oscillator (sincosc)
> ...and one would only have to type "afx sincosc".

When issuing 'afx' you will be able to use
lv2-Compressor instead of elv2:http://calf.sourceforge.net/plugins/Compressor

Probably we should check for shortcut
name collisions among LV2 plugins.

I thought I could finish easily, but parsing is hard!
I hope there aren't any more plugin formats coming!!

Best,

--
Joel Roth