[nama] If we include LV2, why not libosc?

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:11:49 -1000

I understand that libosc performs a function analagous to
Ecasound's Net-IAM: Send something and get something.

We have the list of commands, help files, everything
we can return to commands delivered via OSC. So guys
who build their own GUIs can use Nama/Ecasound as
the engine. I think Nama's command language is
good!

The only challenge for this is that many of Nama's print/say
statements need to get stuffed into an array that can
be dumped as a response to a command.

And there are 539 print/say statements in Nama!

BTW, I've decided on the Nama logo, it will be a lilac or
purple alien octopus with tentacles around logos of many
other Linux audio applications. In the hentai porn style of
primary color brightness. Perhaps an island behind with a
palm tree showing ocean and blue sky.

I've got other ideas, too. :-)

I'm thinking to try a two hour experiment with something
OO, and if I succeed I can go over to the other side!

With LV2, we cant just let the names clobber
LADSPA? What if we each LV2 gets access via
lv2-<urlsuffix>, seem like a small price
to pay in typing, (whether hyphen or underscore).

--
Joel Roth