[nama] Re: Effect chains and track caching

  • From: "S. Massy" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 16:39:04 -0400

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 02:58:50PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> pre- and post-cache might really need some explaining. So why not
> have something like:
> cache
> cache_all
>   One could even think about including fades in cache_all as well.
Fine by me. We could even have completely ddifferent terms, such as
cache (eeffects and inserts only) and render (everything). Btw, is it
possible to cache busses? It would be very useful to be able to render
sub-mixes.

>   As for show_track and show_track_all: Perhaps not too bad.
> Onething, about which I'd thought a couple of times was a small
> change in show_track: put all the basic info at the top. So yo'd
> have track number, name and status at the top, below that channel
> count, version(s), bus of the track and inserts and only then list
> the effects. I can only give you my impirical input here: But I so
> rarely neededto see these facts. When I use sh, I'm interested in
> the list of effect in 99.9% of the time. Massy, how about you?
I second the idea, except maybe for the inserts, the position of which
it might be convenient to see in the chain. I used to use show_track a
lot, bbut, because of its verbose nature, I've mainly been using
lfx/sfx.

Cheers,
s.M.