[nama] Re: Edit Mode Problems.

  • From: "Kevin Utter" <kvutter@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:22:35 -0700

Hi Joel!  I will pull and test, but your description looks good.

Although the fade-in and fade-out on transport start and stop is very
cool, I agree that it might be quite helpful if it would stop
immediately, or perhaps there might be an option for that.  I have
learned to set a mark, then do previous_mark to check it, since then the
fade-out doesn't happen, and I can see that the mark is set correctly.
Or do a sp to get a position time while playback is running, and confirm
it by repeated sp to make sure the time.  Immediate start/stop might
simplify this to some degree, although I realize that the response might
not be as acurate as what I'm already doing, but it would be much closer
the first time.  Food for thought anyway.

Thanks for all your work.  I will try it as soon as I can.  I guess
because of how I've learned to work, this will be very handy for me.
I'm trying to adjust my working style, hopefully to simplify what I'm
doing and use Nama more effectively, but so many years of working with
something else makes me slower at adjusting.  You setup is excellent,
and I just need to get it through my head a bit better.  Thanks again.

Kevin