[nama] Re: Edit Mode Problems.

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:11:08 -1000

Hi all,

Here are the latest updates related to editing.

* I've fixed the problem Kevin reported,
which appears to be good enough.
Tests pass.

(I thought of a cleaner solution, but
it can wait.)

* I've rewritten the man page section on
editing, which was incorrect.

* I've fixed some alternative commands
for setting edit points, so now you
have two choices:

- 'set_edit_points' (sep) to start playback at the current
   position at pick all three by hitting the P key
  successively

- set them individually by positioning the playback head
  and using the commands

  + set_play_start_mark (smsm)
  + set_rec_start_mark (srsm)
  + set_rec_end_mark (srem)

  You can adjust the mark positions using the 'modify_mark' command.

  (I note that currently the volume fades out on transport
  stop, so the head is positioned maybe half-second later..
  I think Nama should leave the head at the exact position
  the stop command is issued.)

After setting the edit points, use

  'new_edit'        (ned) to create the edit,

Then you can use various other commands that apply
to the current edit:

  'preview_edit_in' (pei) to hear the audio with clip removed,
  'preview_edit_out'(peo) to hear the removed audio,
  'record_edit'     (red) to record the replacement audio (multiple times if
you like)
  'play_edit'       (ped) to hear the edited audio
  'merge_edits'     (med) to freeze the edits as a new track version
  'list_edits'      (led) to list edits for the current track
  'end_edit_mode'   (eem) to return to normal playback

As you can see from the number of commands (and the time it
has taken for me to provide this ability) it is a fairly
complicated process. Hopefully it will be sufficiently
easy to use.

I see I've neglected to implement a few functions:

  'delete_edit' (ded)
  'mute_edit'
  'unmute_edit'
  'unmerge_edits'

Another thing I have yet to do is to *hide the edit tracks*.
So you'll see some extra tracks in your show_tracks
display. I'll hide them after we get a few more bugs
shaken out.

Please try again and let me know how it goes!

Joel

--
Joel Roth