[nama] Ecasound multitrack mode

Here is an excerpt from Kai's mail on the Ecasound list.
------
> I wrote:
> * how is Ecasound multitrack mode compensation calculated?

The algorithm looks at the reported latency of real-time inputs and
outputs (e.g. ALSA or JACK reported latencies), and calculates the
difference. This diff reflect how many input samples are recorded before
the matching reference output (the existing tracks) were actually played
out (so samples recorded when the musician could not have heared anything
yet). This is adjusted by skipping some frames of recorded input.

> * Are there any reasons to manually determine the offset?

While the latency system is hooked to JACK latency APIs (so it works at

least simple setups), there might be cases (with complicated JACK setups)

where it does not do the right thing.
------

Looks to me like there's a little more work to do to
be sure we're getting the compensation that we want...

Regards,

--
Joel Roth