[mveg-9] Re: Welcome to the MVEG-9 founders list

  • From: Henry Mason <talus25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mveg-9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:25:13 -0700

> Could you please each one of the founders,
> write a small message to ignite the
> conversation?

Okay.  Let me dive right into something that I have been thinking about for a
while.

Ever since the shift to OS X, it seems the Mac community has been somewhat
split between the old classic Mac OS upgraders and the new *nix/Wintel
switchers.  The two groups seem split on several big issues, most notably how
software should be developed.  For example, the old group seems to be of the
"make it look nice/easy to use, then make it fast later" opinion, while the
newer people are of the the "make it work, quickly, now; make it pretty/fun
later" opinion.

I am a member of the newer group. I have only had a Mac for a year or so, and I
don't think I've used OS 9 for more than 2 hours on my; I can't stand it.  As
any user of my software has probably recognized, I put function over form, and
often speed over function. Some people like this; many don't.

Anyone have opinions on this issue?

-Henry [bullitB]