[Mutant X] Individual Style

  • From: Andy Maluhia <CaptainAndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mutantx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 05:32:53 -0500

_Individual Style
_by Jennifer Walters, Kitty Pryde-Rasputin; Scar, Feather, Lorelei Le Beau, Wings, Razor and Janet Van Dyne

The fact that she was a high priced and successful lawyer did not take away from the fact that Jennifer Walters was very much a shopper. She needed to dress professionally for court or clients but professional didn't mean ugly or frumpy. No, she enjoyed shopping and it showed. No doubt that was why Pietro had sort of volunteered her for this mission.

Kitty looked at the gathered group of youngsters. This wouldn't be the first group she'd ever taken out, but these kids were like the other students, not by a long shot. "Ok, so Scar, Feather, Lorelei, and Wings. Is this everyone?"

Lorelei nodded. "Conduit won't go anywhere without Butterfly or Red and they don't wanna go, Blue is with Grandma Raven, and Blaze is still being an...."

"Is Razor going to meet us there?" Feather asked for the benefit of the others. She knew they had to be missing him as much as she did though she offered Lorelei a slight smirk. "And so is Razor, Lorelei."

Lorelei nodded. Her brothers were acting like big jerks and she'd told Blaze so many times.

"I don't know, sweetheart." Kitty replied to her daughter as she came closer. Reaching out she brushed carefully at the girl's wing tip. "Jen said she'd try, but couldn't make any promises."

"He's stubborn," the girl hmmphed,  "and hard headed sometimes."

Scar laughed, "After spending time on that island with his genetic and his brother and sister, and here with Mrs. McCoy, I'm convinced it runs in that genetic line."

As she approached the Avengers' mansion, Jennifer almost laughed outright. There was stealth from Hank and then there was how dare you not see me from Erik. Right then, it seemed to her that Razor was not even trying to hide or blend in. The boy was waiting outside the gates, lounging against the wall as it were perfectly normal to look that beautiful on a boy.

"Ah there you are," she teased. "I had half a notion that you wouldn't be here."

"Kevin made me," Razor admitted. "I get headaches just thinking of certain people and that makes me want to break things."

"In other words, the adorable Mr. Mac Donnell sweet talked you."

"Well...yes," Razor admitted with a grin and blush.

"Smart boy that one," Jennifer stated. "Now, let's go, handsome. Time to meet the littler ones at the station."

As Kitty walked with the children she offered the same lines she'd heard herself from Ororo thousands of times. "Alright, here are the ground rules. Number one, no powers." That simple sentence called up all kinds of mall mishaps with Rachel and herself. Then there had been the whole mess with Dominic, David, Jubilee and the others. Shopping with mutant children were never simple, how many times had someone shorted out that wall of TVs in the electronic store? She'd phases through it, Rosie had cause one to explode, Jubilee had zapped it, Rachel had pulled a couple off the wall, and Lexie had flooded the entire floor. It was a wonder they were even allowed in the mall.

"Well now does that mean I can't fly?" Feather asked. "I don't know that I would consider that using powers."

"I'd rather you didn't, Feather." Kitty said as they approached the transporter. "You or Wings. You'll be in a strange place and Jen can't fly so there'll be no one to watch after you."

Feather sighed dramatically. "If you insist though I bet Warren would let me fly up to his office."

"Most likely, but Warren won't be with you." Kitty replied. "Alright, everyone on the platform."

"You know razor told me about these things," Feather whispered to the younger kids as she followed instructions. "He talked a blue streak but it came down to he thinks they tickle."

That made Lorelei giggle.

Scar blinked, "Wait, doesn't Lorelei say charging things tickle?"

The girl nodded,  "It does."

~~Don't blow us up.~~ Wings projected.

"Oh no...." Feather said with a cringe.  "This better be quick."

Kitty smiled as she put in the codes for the station Jen would be at then waved before beaming the kids over. "Poor woman has no clue."

Jennifer was one of the few people that Razor would allow to actually touch him and she knew it. Not that she was obtrusive about it. She simply left her hand at the small of his back, a gentle signal that he wasn't there alone and that slicing people would not be a good idea. As soon as she saw Razor, once she'd turned solid again, Lorelei lifted off the ground and flew straight to him. She really missed having him close; she missed his reading, and his hugs. "Razor!"

Jennifer grinned at the sight. It would have probably broken Pietro's heat though, reminding him of his daughter.
"Oops,"  Feather said with a barely straight face.

"I missed you!" The youngest of them said as she wrapped her arms around her brother's neck.

Scar laughed as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his battered old trench coat. "So much for the no powers thing."

~~How   come she can fly?~~ Wings asked.

"I knew that would happen," Feather snickered.

Wings huffed.

Scar just shook his head then looked at Jennifer. She was really pretty but he'd never say that out loud.

"You knew what would happen?" Razor asked casually, even as he set Lorelei on her feet and mussed her hair a little.

"No powers in public," Feather reported.

"Why not?" Razor asked.   "Assuming nothing gets broken beyond repair."

~~No flying adults.~~ Wings said.

"Mrs. Rasputin didn't think it would be fair to Ms. Walters if the girls flew, don't think she wants us to draw attention to ourselves either." He smirked a little at that. "She was remembering her own messed up shopping trips. Apparently malls and powers are bound to be trouble."

"I refuse," Razor said calmly as he crossed his arms over his chest, "to deny what I am if the need arises."

At that, Jennifer gave a ladylike snort of amusement. She then gave Kitty a knowing glance. "Does that voice sound familiar or what?" she asked dryly. At the boy's curious glance, she added, "I think you're channeling Pietro and his father."

Kitty smirked, "I did have a moment of needing to check for flying cars or frozen Logans." She then looked at Razor. "I'm not asking you all to deny what you are, Razor. If the need, God forbid, arises you and the older children will be expected to protect Wings and Lorelei while Jennifer and I take care of the threat. I've been a student as well as a teacher and now what can happen when teenagers with powers start using them willy-nilly." She then looked at Scar. "And I would thank you to stop peeking at my memories."

Scar shrugged. "Habit, sorry.  The Professor and  I are working on that."

Razor didn't say a word but the expression on his face spoke volumes. He'd do what he wanted to do. Then he saw Jennifer staring at him. "Yes?"

"Don't 'yes' me with those pretty eyes, wise guy," she tutted. "Please behave yourself. For me and I don't care if Pietro would find anything else amusing."

"What does our brother find amusing?" Scar asked as they began to move away from the station. Wither they were using powers or not, the girls wings were starting to draw attention. "I have yet to hear him laugh."

Kitty smiled a little sadly. "He used to laugh all the time. When Wanda first came to the school he'd drop by just to bug her, always with a smile."

"He laughed the first time I met him," Razor said easily, "but he had to go far away from the police station."

"That's because laughing at the police after pulling you out of there would not have been a good idea. Scar, Pietro is, if you'll excuse the expression, a wise ass. He finds strange things amusing," Jennifer added. "He would no doubt find amusement in the discomfort baselines might show at the sight of obviously mutant children."

Wings looked around then moved closer to her sister. ~~They are looking at us.~~

"Ignore them," Feather suggested in a whisper. "We have every right to be here."

"Ignore who?" Razor asked.

Wings looked at the people around them and actually pulled Feather so they were closer to her genetic. ~~They are staring at our wings.~~

Kitty put her arm around the girl and smiled softly, "It's alright Wings. "

Razor's eyes narrowed as they followed Wings' gaze, locking onto the owner with a cold stare. Then he simply smiled ever so slowly, showing just the tips of his canine.

Scar raised his hand a little but then he dropped it quickly. It wouldn't help to wrap the man in the metal fence he was standing near, but if he kept looking at his sisters that way he'd end up thinking he was a duck. "Perhaps now would be a good time for me to practice some of the things Ms. Frost has taught me?"

"No," Kitty said quickly. "No, really not a good idea."

"Besides," Razor said in an oddly calm tone, blue eyes still piercing the watchers, "intimidation is not necessarily a mutant power."

Kitty looked at the boy and then nodded, "Yeah, he's Erik's son alright. Yeap, no doubt."

"Well now we know attitude is definitely genetic," Jennifer agreed. She allowed the stare to go on a little longer before tapping the boy on the shoulder. "That's enough, handsome. You're doing a great job at the 'if looks could kill' line."

~~Is this why Warren hides his wings?~~ Wings asked as they kept walking.

"No doubt," Feather agreed. "But I don't think we should have to hide. It isn't our fault we were born this way."

"It has nothing to do with fault," Razor said fiercely. "We are who we are however we came to be and if they don't like it then they don't have to look. "

"They could be looking because we're with such beautiful women," Scar said with a sweet smile. Kitty laughed, "And so we see someone got more then his big brother's white hair."

"It's true on both accounts," Razor said mildly. "But you would rather look at Kevin," Feather teased.

Lorelei giggled. "He thinks Kevin is pretty."

"He is," Razor said with a confident smile. "and he sees mutants as people. I think he thinks it's...cool."
"God, I like that kid," Jennifer crowed.

"I think everyone at the mansion was impressed with him as well," Kitty added as they approached Janet's shop.

"Obviously a case of his upbringing having nothing to do with his attitude. His parents suck," Jennifer, grumbled.

"Yeah, but I've met his uncle and he seemed like a really sweet man." Kitty said as she smiled at the girls while reaching out to tuck hair out of Feather's eyes.

"Jarvis is, and has always been, a sweetheart not to mention a patient man. The Avengers are as bad as X-Men," Jennifer agreed.

Kitty laughed, "We had Bobby, you had Pietro, and we've both had Hank. Though Wanda says he was a huge party boy when he was an Avenger. Somehow, I just can't picture him that way."

Razor snorted mildly and simply looked upward while Jennifer gave him a mild 'shut up' look. "I'd tell you more but there are impressionable young minds about. Don't even think it, Scar. Just don't."

The boy blushed, "All I got was a god awful Hawaiian shirt, I swear!"

At that, Razor actually laughed out loud. "You either got caught or you're getting predictable, Scar," he snickered.

Scar blushed a little more as he flipped the collar on his duster. Then he smirked and sent the image to his brother so he could see how silly his father looked. ~~There was one in Mrs. Rasputin's memory of him with bunny slippers.~~ He sent that one as well.

Razor simply stared up at the sky. Silliness was not something he was prone to. "Rabbits? Why? It makes no sense."

Kitty paused as she'd pulled the door open; she looked at Jennifer then at Razor. "Rabbits?"

Razor poked Scar lightly.  "You tell her since you're the one who saw it."

Scar gave his brother a betrayed look and then sighed as he projected the picture of Hank from Kitty's memories.

Kitty laughed out loud, "I remember that!" Then she blinked, "Oh wait, that was my memory." She looked pointedly at Scar.

The boy blushed even more if that were possible.  "Sorry."

"But still...why rabbits?" Razor asked again.  "I don't see the sense."

"They're cute," Kitty said as they gathered in Janet's shop. "I guess there's really no other point to bunny slippers other then that."

Lorelei giggled at the image in her head, "I'm gonna ask Mama if I can have a pair."

Razor hmmphed softly. Cute was beyond him but if it made the little one happy..."I am quite certain she'll get them for you," he said with a slight smile.

"Oh I know that voice!" came a feminine voice from behind a rack of clothing. It was soon followed by the appearance of a petite woman with short dark hair who bounced right over to Razor. "Well if it isn't the more pleasant of the white haired menaces. How are ya, handsome?"

"Fine, Ms. van Dyne," Razor said with a smirk. "I've come with some of my siblings."

Scar smirked. "If he's the most pleasant, guess that makes me the best looking."

Wings smirked, ~~Don't think Ms. Walters would agree.~~

"I think she meant between Pietro and I" Razor teased.

~But if Pietro is unpleasant then why does Ms Walters like him so much?~~ Wings asked.

"Ask her," Razor snickered.

Wings looked at her brother then at his friend, then she quickly ducked behind her sister.

Lorelei blinked, "Ms. Walters won't hurt us, Wings. Mama and Daddy trust her, so does Razor."

"Listen, hon, I can hurt big guys and little guys and everyone in between," Jennifer said with an encouraging smile, "but I don't hurt kids. Never. What's the question?"

Wings looked out from behind Feather and asked, ~~If Razor's brother is unpleasant then why do you like him so much?~~

"Pietro is not unpleasant. He can be a real sweetheart when he wants to be. It's a matter of perception, Wings. Some people find him irritating and abrasive though," Jennifer mused.

"Including his sister," Scar said as he looked over some really nice dusters.

"I am so not going to ask which one he pissed off now," Janet muttered. The small woman practically flitted over to Wings. "He's a nice guy but he's arrogant and pushy, not to mention obnoxious."

Scar snorted, "So that's where the kid gets it from, it's all her uncle fault cause her parents are kinda cool."

Wings blinked at the woman, her mind doing what it always did when she met knew people. It searched for file information.

"I'm going to do something rare and shut up," Razor said with a sigh. He really didn't want to get annoyed.

Kitty glanced at Jennifer and sighed. They'd all known that Razor had left because of Cordelia's behavior. "If you wanted to come by and see Hank, the coast is clear. Wanda's taken Cory to Romania to meet with the Queen of the Gypsies to see if they can't pin point the core of her powers before she brings any other AU people over."

The tallest of them simply shrugged. It wasn't just the girl. It was his eldest brother and, above many things, Razor prized his self-control and dignity. Rather than say anything, he turned to Wings. "Now you know she's helped Feather through Miss Walters but Ms. van Dyne can make clothes based on your mutation, so that they don't get ruined."

"That's right, sweetie," Janet said cheerfully.  "I get wings too."

~~You do?~~ Wings asked as she came out from behind her sister.

"Teeny little ones," Janet said with a grin. "They call me the Wasp. Jen and I are team mates some times."

~~That means you're an Avenger.~~ The eleven year old girl with her mother's Asian features, deep purple hair, and bright purple eyes said as she came out from behind Feather. ~~We stayed at the Avenger Mansion before we went to Xavier's. Mr. Jarvis showed us the room with all the little figures and the dolls on stings of Razor and Scar's brother and sister.~~

Kitty smiled, "The marionettes their foster father made. Hank showed me those once, that room's pretty cool."

Janet sketched a theatrical bow for them then straightened up, a grin on her face. Then she nodded at Jennifer. "I've been an Avenger for a very long time so I know a lot about super folks and what they need for uniforms and just plain clothing."

"Which is why we're here." Kitty said as she put her hand on Lorelei's shoulders. "This one for example has her parents powers in spades and about as much control as her mother did early on."

"Least Mama knew hers was on, mine comes and goes." Lorelei said with a shrug.

"Well, chickie doll, that's why we use what I call the unstable molecule when we make certain materials. What is it you do, hon?" Janet asked.

Lorelei beamed, which was new for her. She used to be scared of her powers. She couldn't control them yet and more then once she'd bumped into one of her siblings and knocked them out after absorbing their powers, or worse yet she been forced to touch them, to steal their powers and knock them out as a way for the mean men to control them. But now, now she knew she had her mama and daddy's powers, and powers like Rosie, and they were going to teach her how to use them so she wouldn't hurt anyone else. "I blow stuff up like Daddy, I can even blow up the air, and sometimes when I touch people I can take their powers and make them pass out." Then she really smiled. "I can fly too, but I don't got wings."

"Neat stuff! You have to be Rogue's little one then." Janet tapped a single finger on her lips, thinking. "You know, I know that until your mom got her absorbing power under control that she used to wear lots of gloves and long sleeves. Doesn't mean it all has to be ugly and plain though. We can design fabrics and pretty body stockings so comfortable that you won't even know you're wearing them but which will still make sure you don't accidentally absorb somebody."

~~That would be good,~~ Wings said with a smirk. ~~She touched Mrs. Frost the other day by mistake and made it snow in kitchen.~~

Lorelei laughed. "That was fun! Me and Mr. Drake made a snowman, and I got to make a snow angel on the kitchen table."

Jennifer covered her mouth in order to hide a snicker but he doubted that it was successful. "Now that's my idea of making use of a situation."

"Her father laughed so hard that I thought he was going to pass out," Feather added.

"Mama tried to look cross cause when it melted it was a huge mess," The youngest of them giggled. "But she kept doing what Ms. Walters is doing."

"Only made it worse when Dr. McCoy slid across the wet floor." Scar said as he looked at a mesh shirt he liked but would never wear because of all the scaring on his body. "His fur was sopping wet."

Even Razor snorted in amusement at that. "Then perhaps Mr. Drake should have frozen the floor and you could have all gone ice skating."

~~Ms. Munroe wouldn't let them.~~ Wing said.

Janet then turned to the two boys. She smiled up at Razor first. "You I know all about and I still think you're a lot more pleasant than our resident speedster but you," she began as she looked at Scar. "tell what we need to find for you, my young friend."

"Razor and I share Erik as a genetic," Scar replied as he turned to look at Janet. "So I can play with the electromagnetic spectrum, but I also get telepathy from my other genetic. I'm just hoping I don't have his hair line."

"The question I have for you is how fine is your control of the magnetics then. Tall, fair, and talkative here is pretty decent at it but if you're going to have issues with metal zippers then we have to make sure that we only incorporate plastics or non-metallics," Janet explained before offering a smirk. "You don't want your own lack of control catching parts of you unaware."

Scar smiled a very Erik like smile as he raised his left hand, pointing it at Jennifer, whose earrings slowly slid out of her ears. He then opened a very small portal which brought the earrings to rest in the palm of his hand.

"You show off!" Jennifer yelped as she grabbed at her ears. "Careful with those, my friend. They're my favorites."

Feather peered over Scar's arm at the earrings then up at Kitty. "Can I have piercings like that?"

Kitty smiled softly, "Sure sweetheart, Illyana and Anastasia both have theirs done."

"And I sell jewelry here, hon, so take a look," Janet added. Then she shook a finger at Scar. "Jen's right: show off. There's just about anything in here for you, bud. Take a good look."

He looked at the mesh shirts again and then smiled at Janet, there was almost anything. "Thank you," He said. "The Professor believes I need new clothes, and Erik says you would know what Razor and I would need for our roles on Genosha?"

"Yeah well isn't that just perfect because I have no idea," Janet began, hmmphing slightly. "Although...." She paced a bit before looking at both boys then at Scar. "You know, I think clothing ought to represent the person wearing it. That being said, I distinctly remember embarrassing the hell out of my parents by what I wore. I somehow doubt Mr. Magnetism himself would appreciate it if you walked around looking like something Galactus or Sabre Tooth dragged in. That and you and Razor here strike me as very different personalities."

Scar laughed,  "My brother is a book worm."

~~Scar plays music.~~ Wings offered.

"And they're both the sons of the ruler of Genosha." Kitty said. "Meaning they're both need those itchy looking suit he and Pietro wear."

"Yeah and this guy," Janet said, nodding up at Razor, "looks damned good in nice clothes although his are made with the unstable molecules. Scar, we can fit you for suits but make sure you have whatever makes you comfortable, too. If you're a musician of any sort," and she nodded at Wings, "make sure it's comfortable enough to play in. You would not believe how many kids get screwed up on recitals because their parents made them wear poorly fitted clothing."

"Comfort is something none of us take for granted," He assured her then added so only she could hear, ~~I have, scars, that need to be covered.~~

Janet stood on the tips of her toes. "That's easy, sweetie. Long sleeves can look different and unique while covering what you want covered."

"He doesn't listen when we tell him he doesn't have to cover the burn scars." Lorelei said with a sigh.

Janet rested a hand on Scar's arm bit directed her reply to Lorelei. "I agreed with you, doll, but decisions and realizations like that have to come from the person himself. Some people hide, some people cover, and some people say 'to heck with what you don't want to see.'"

He knew the burn that covered the whole left said of his body wasn't his fault, in fact the painful radiation burn had been part test of his powers part punishment, but it was still a reminder he was not willing to share. He had seen the look in Charles's eye and anger from Erik when they'd seen his face and hand, he would not care more strife by reviling just how bad the scaring was; as far as he knew only Dr. McCoy knew.

"Listen, my friend," Janet said with a warm smile, "you wear what style you like. I can work with you easily."

"I don't know what my style is." He replied with a confused look. "We wore very basic pants and shirts, the basic to cover ourselves, unless we were on missions."

Kitty smiled softly, "Which is why Betsy wants lots of girly things for Wings and Conduit."

~~But no shoes. ~~ Wings added.

"Well, you have time to figure style out, Scar," Janet assured. "It'll change over time, too, I'm sure."

Kitty couldn't help but giggle, "Oh yeah, just ask Marie or 'Ro or Betsy, or even Jen and Janet here. You should have seen Marie's hair back in the day."

"Nobody has anything on me," Janet countered. "I have more outfit subtypes than Stark's got closet space."

"That I believe," Razor offered. "Kevin showed me what used to be your closet space at the mansion. I was the size of a bedroom."

"Well yeah: exactly," Janet snickered.

~~Why so many clothes?~~ Wings asked. ~~I don't understand.~~

"It's my way of being creative, hon," Janet explained. "Plus sometimes I get bored quickly and I satisfy that with changing clothes. It's less destructive than changing hair."

~~Oh.~~ the girl replied and then titled her head, she guessed that made sense, but what was the point of being creative?

"Anyone ever think you'd meet a kid of Betsy's and Warren's who hates shopping and clothes?" Kitty asked.

"Hey it happens," Janet said easily. "It's the different stuff like this that makes people interesting."

Stepping out from behind a rack Lorelei smiled. She was wearing a jacket that was several sizes to big so all you saw was a head and legs below the knee. "This looks like Mama's jacket."

Jennifer smiled indulgently. "I bet Janet can find that in the kids' section."

"It's cute," Razor chuckled.

Red on black eyes sparkled as she looked up, "Really? I can have a jacket like Mama's?"

"Why not?"  Razor asked with a shrug, ice blue eyes looking at Janet.

"I want a jumpsuit just like her uniform," The little girl said brightly. "The green one with the jacket. Please?"

"Alright but how about some other regular clothes fit for a princess?" Janet asked.

"Ok," The girl agreed. "But I'm not a princess, Scar and Razor are Princes and Blue is a Princess cause their daddy's Mr. Magneto." Then her smile got big and bright. "I'm a Mississippi Swamp Rat!"

Razor's face darkened. He understood the term and realized it was probably a term of affection at some point but rodents? Never. "I think not," he said slowly. "You're not old enough yet."

Lorelei looked confused. What did age have to do with anything? "Mama's from Mississippi, that's where her and Grandma Raven and Oma lived. Grandma Raven says she'll take me to the house this summer. Mama calls Daddy a swamp rat cause he's from Louisiana. So that makes me a Mississippi Swamp Rat, cause I don't know what a baby rat is called."

Razor muttered under his breath but not clearly enough to be heard. "I don't see being called a rodent as a compliment."

"It's a term of endearment that Marie's used for Remy for as long as I can remember," Kitty said as she thought about it. "Those things don't often make sense, Razor. Logan's called me pumpkin since I was twelve. 'Ro calls me Kitten, which is better then a large orange gourd I guess."

"Take heart, handsome," Jen said with a gentle pat on the boy's shoulder. "It's a hard thing to wrap your head around when you really haven't had more than the names you gave each other."

Scar nodded, "Only three of us have real names. The babies and Lorelei."

The girl beamed,  "I picked it myself."

Then Scar laughed, "She's the only one who didn't have to worry about surnames either."

"I may just never decide on that," Razor said with a smirk.

"Stick with Kevin long enough then you can get marry him and have more to think about," Jen teased. At the pleased flush on the boy's face, she grinned at him. "Somehow I bet this would all make more sense from you if he explained it."

Kitty couldn't help it she had to tease, "Hmmm, Jennifer Walters-Maximoff. You really gotta love those Eastern European last names."

"Ha ha, Kitty," Jennifer snickered. "Aside from the fact that he's still technically married..."

"He won't be much longer," Kitty said easily before glancing over at the girls who had been looking at Janet's jewelry. "Find something you like sweetheart?"

Feather held up what looked to be a flexible but very sparkly wire. "It's very pretty but I have no idea what it's for."

"Oh!" Janet exclaimed happily as she bounced over. "That's perfect for you! It's hair jewelry." Feather was slightly taller than the petite woman but Janet managed to settle the wire ring on Feather's head. "A perfect halo for such a pretty angel."

"Added it the bill, Janet." Kitty said warmly. "We're under instructions to get everything and anything they want or need. Warren plans on spoiling them rotten, as does Remy. Men and their little girls." She laughed.

Razor offered Scar a shrug.  What was the reasoning behind that?

Scar put his hand on her brother's shoulder. "I think it's meant to be fun, brother. The Professor said the same, that I could get whatever I wanted or needed and he'd pay for it. He said it was his responsibility as my father, but also a pleasure to give me things."

"I meant why 'men and their little girls'? It seems rather unequal," Razor replied.

Kitty laughed, "It's just that dad's tend to fuss over their daughters, Razor. Not that that means they treat their sons any different, it just means they tend to be softer towards daughters. The same goes for mothers and sons."

"That makes no sense whatsoever," Razor replied.

~~Why must it make sense?~~ Wings asked.

"When have you ever known me to not want to know why or what for?" Razor asked in return.

~~Never,~~ the winged girl replied and then smiled. ~~But maybe now, since we're safe, not everything has to make sense.~~

"Simply my nature, little one," Razor offered with a shrug.

"Just don't let that serious nature keep you from the fun and silliness of being a kid, Razor." Kitty advised. "You have plenty of time to be all serious and stuff."

"Oh, don't worry, Kitty," Jennifer chimed in. "This guy has a sense of humor though it's a lot like Pietro's with a shot of Kevin thrown in."

"Good," Kitty said with a smile. "Cause there's nothing worse then a Jewish kid who's just to damn serious. Trust me, I know."

"I do not know that I subscribe o any such doctrine as religion, Mrs. Rasputin," Razor said carefully. "or even the idea of a supreme being."

"Being Jewish is more then just a religion, Razor." Kitty replied. "It's considered to be a race as well, and being Erik's son makes you half."

Razor shrugged with indifference.  "I dislike labels unless I choose them."

"Nothing wrong with that," Kitty nodded.

Lorelei smiled as she flew up to place a hat on her brother's head. "Chill," She giggled at using the word Mr. Drake liked to use. "Less Razoring, more shopping."

"No and please do not do that again," Razor told her.

The girl's smile quickly fell as she lowered herself to the floor. "Grumpy," She huffed then walked off towards Feather and Wings.

"I think I've had about enough of this," Razor began, his eyes flashing cold fire.

"Then go take a walk in the park," Jennifer told him. "She's little, Razor. She can't understand that not everyone shares her enthusiasm."

~~May I come Razor?~~ Wings asked. ~~I will be silent.~~

"You ought to ask Mrs. Rasputin. I still disagree with the entire concept of asking for permission to take a walk but I did promise. Ms. Walters is apparently an acceptable proxy for Pietro in my case."

Wings blinked, she only understood about half of that. What was a proxy anyway? Shrugging she looked at the women. ~~May I?~~

"Sure sweetie, I'm guessing some pretty basic stuff with shirts made to fit your wings will be good." Kitty said. "Let Janet have a look at your wings so she can make your shirts first."

Wings nodded then unfolded her wings. ~~Just remember no shoes.~~

"Not a problem, chickie," Janet said promptly as she pulled out an old-fashioned tape measure. "I'm only designing and selling. It's you who's wearing after all."

~~Careful,~~ Wings warned. ~~My feather tips are sharp and poisonous.~~

"Not a problem," Janet told her. "I've learned to be quite the cautious sort over the years. I mean: do you have any idea how hard Ben Grimm's hide really is. I think I almost broke my nose once."

"Who's Ben Grimm?" Lorelei asked as she wrapped a hot pink feather boa around herself.

"A really big guy whose skin looks and seems like orange rock. They call him the Thing," Janet explained,

Kitty laughed, "Guy's a riot at parties and makes Jen look like a teeny tiny dolly even when she's all hulked up."

"So imagine that and itty bitty me and my nose," Janet said with a chuckle as she put down the tape measure.

Wings scrunched her nose just thinking about it. ~~Ouch.~~

"But you know what?" Janet asked her in a conspirital whisper. "I know how to tickle him."

Wings titled her head to the side, ~~What is tickling?~~

"Something it isn't wise to do when you don't know how somebody will react," Jennifer said quickly.

There was something innately wrong in the world when an eleven-year-old child didn't know what being tickled was like. Kitty had to fight back a sigh as she made a mental note to talk to Betsy about Wings and the others.

"It's funny!" Lorelei said brightly. "Mama and Daddy tickle me, it makes me giggle." Going up to her sister she blew gently on her wings causing the other girl to giggle.

"Smart idea," Razor said quietly to Jennifer. "Some of us do not care to be startled. I almost punched Kevin once."

"And purely by instinct," the woman said with a nod of understanding. "I'm quick at things like this, handsome. That's why Jennifer Walters is such a good lawyer."

"Razor," Kitty said easily, "if you're sure you don't need anything you can take Wings for a walk as long as you have you hand comm."

"I have the one Pietro gave me," the boy replied, patting his jacket pocket. "Though if I decide to stay in New York, I will be certain to personally escort my sister to the transporter stage."

"We'll let you know when we're done here. Jen and I thought lunch might me nice, so we'd rather you stuck around." Kitty said softly. "But if you want to head home early just bring Wings back to us, ok?"

Razor was already irritated and knew it would only get worse if he stayed longer. "I will bring her back to the transporter personally," he said in a miffed tone. As if I would do less...

Kitty sighed as she looked over to Jennifer.

Wings walked over to her brother and took his hand. ~~Can I see where they play your game?~~

"Of course," he said easily, taking a deep lungful of air as he stepped outside. "Central Park."

Wings looked around carefully, taking in all the sights and listening carefully to the city. It wasn't like the mansion that was for sure. ~~I wish I could fly,~~ She sighed. ~~I'm restless.~~

"Please don't. Not that I care one bit what Mrs. Rasputin says but the skies here are unfamiliar and you could get hurt," Razor suggested. "Or lost."

The girl sighed, ~~Alright. But as soon as we get back to the school I'm taking off.~~

Razor shrugged.  "For that you don't need my approval."

Wings simply nodded as she walked beside him. At least they were out in the open, she liked being outside, and as they walked along she easily slipped out of her shoes and socks the sighed in relief.

Razor hmmphed softly but said nothing. He'd seen what she did. It made no difference to him except for one thing. "Be careful of debris on the ground."

She smiled at him, ~~Yes brother.~~ She liked the way the earth felt under her bare feet and it helped her relax even more.