[muglo] updating Garmin GPS with your Mac

  • From: William Chodirker <wchodirk@xxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO Mac club <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:39:17 -0400

For any of you who have or are thinking of purchasing a Garmin GPS,
consider the following: My new Garmin GPS, C-550 works beautifully.
But, don't try to download the latest software and maps with any Mac
version below 4.0. It can't be done and Garmin has no plans to make it
possible. You will find this information deep within the Garmin manual
and not from the sales information that states simply that Garmin GPS
is "Mac compatible". I have confirmed this in a conversation with a
Garmin computer supervisor on their telephone  technical service line.