[muglo] Re: uh oh, now what

  • From: rbliss00@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:27:41 -0800 (PST)

The Apple Airport Express router is a wireless router is is automatically
detected by iTunes.  It has a line-out port to transmit the music feed to one
of your inputs on your stereo.
You also have an Airport Express wireless networking card in your mac which
connects to nearby wireless networks.

Some wireless have ports for adding wired connections to desktop macs and PC's
with is more reliable and secure than wireless connections.
The Apple routers are high quality and easy to setup.  Also, the Apple routers
include binary applications for setup which means they can make the interface
intuitive in the Apple sort of way.  Most routers are configured through a web
browser interface which also works fine.

If you already have a router, the Apple Airport Express can be used to extend
your existing network either wirelessly or by ethernet.

How close is your internet modem to your stereo?

I have the Airport Extreme router and its excellent BUT it doesn't have the
line out audio port so it doesn't support iTunes music streaming (bummer).

Here is the link for the Airport Express router, they usually appear on the
Apple refurb page for about $79.  The page has some sample home diagrams.

http://www.apple.com/ca/airportexpress/

I think only the AppleTV does the audio and video streaming from your macs on
an existing network.

I hope this helps...
Richard