[muglo] startup apps

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:10:19 -0700 (PDT)

When I installed Skype there was an option to have it as a startup item. Being
unfamiliar with the program, and leery of hoggish programs that want to be
running all the time, I declined the choice. That has proved to be a mistake.
Is there any way to correct it at this point, short of uninstalling and
reinstalling?
One used to be able to make any app a startup one, just by dragging an alias of
it into the Startup Items folder, but Apple discards great old features almost
as quickly as it invents new ones, and that procedure no longer seems to work.
Is there another way around it?