[muglo] Re: server question

  • From: Dean Danis <dean_danis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:57:15 -0400

Hello Mary,

Sounds lie your client is connecting to a Windows Server. They may be using
Samba to connect to the server which may limit the file name. If they use Macs
to connect to the server then the server should be set up wit the AFP protocol.
Alternatively, you can zip files with long names and give those zips short file
names. When you extract the files from those zips your original filename will
be intact.

Some thoughts, Dean

Dean Danis

90 Caprice Cr.