[muglo] Re: routers and home network

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:11:27 -0400

Hi Greg
Which Airport Extreme do you have?  If it is the dome shaped one it
will only connect to a printers via USB, the new ones will connect to
multiple devices including hubs, printers and drives.  On mine I have
a HP printer and a 500 gb simple tech hard-drive connected via a usb
hub.  Once you plug it in use the airport software to set up the
access to the drive, you can limit it to one computer, with password
or open to anyone on the network.  It is fairly straight forward and
I was able to do it without looking at any documentation.

Gerhard